Thursday 12 March 2009

D.I.Y DENIM


Unbeknownst to me, there a quite a lot of people out there taking pictures of themselves in clothes and putting them online. It sounds like my worst nightmare, but it's the most inspirational and democratic thing I've found in ages. For one thing, it's clear skinny jeans aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and far more people than you'd expect wear cut-off denim shorts with tights. For another, it's consistently great to see how people take things that you haven't even considered and make them look very cool and wearable without the aid of a Vogue-style photoshoot budget. Both of the shots above are with denim that's been customised. The silver shorts on Rumi from Fashion Toast are originally TopShop, the black jeans are Rodan vs Griffith jeans customised by Mimi Jung.

I've put links to a couple of the best sites that I've found so far on the right, under D.I.Y Denim.

All jeans below customised by
Mimi Jung.






No comments:

Post a Comment